Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jack wasn't here

Mileage: 20211 km

Jack gets left behind at home while I go off on a day trip to Kuantan with car-man, in his ride. Sorry Jack, we couldn't take you cos your auto gear box is not too suited for the taxing drive up the winding roads of Karak highway. Taxing for an auto car, meaning. Damn I'm still wishing you're a manual drive...

The drive was pleasant enough. The highway cut through a lot of jungle and the green expanse was soothing to the eye. We stopped by Pekan to have a look see, and passed by Jack's (possible) birth place, the AMM assembly plant. There were a few naked Jack siblings out in the yard of that huge complex. Then we went on to Kuantan for lunch and spent some time chilling at the pretty beach at Teluk Chempedak before heading home.



Trip cost:
Petrol ~ RM40 one way
Toll ~ RM 25 one way
Bayar anak babi - RM50


Anti-rasuah badges.
What a joke.

8 comments:

Cyth said...

Rm50 only? so much for the Anti Graft drive..
lucky they didn't strip searched you :P

Anah Shariff said...

i tell u they are buggers...all of them...sorry i could use a better word but u know i gotta worry about reader sensorship.

Happened to me a few times. They stop me and say im speeding and give me the look like waiting for something. They dun look happy when i just selamba-ly reply "ok" and give them license and ic. No further talk.

I tell u i rather pay the police saman than make that *toooot* richer and more "anti-rasuah". Glad to say they havent got a cent from me yet.

Anonymous said...

erm, the police do know when and who to strip search.. no offence shark hahaha

sharkgila said...

I would have prefered taking the saman, but car-man was driving and it's his call to rasuah or not.

I was pissed because they asked for my IC after staring. What protocol is this to check passenger IC? Damn bastards. Not the first time I kena check IC while sitting passenger to Indian guys. Not only they police your trafik, they also police the company you keep issit? Must same color then only can travel in car together?

Anonymous said...

they are just worried that you might be from bukit bulan (kuantan) @ RM150/hour (well, a bit overrated). again, no offence shark hahaha

anyway, checking IC is cool with me. we malaysian are to be blame for this rasuah thing. will you prefer to pay 300 or 50? most of us will choose the latter, won't we? ;)

Anah Shariff said...

Hahhahah reminds me of the time i was driving back from puchong to melaka.

I was damn stoned so i know i wasnt going fast. at the Nilai split on the KLIA road there was a road block. The fler stopped me.

Asked for my IC and license. I gave la...then he stared at it, then back at me, and back and forth for a good few minutes. I was thinking, this fler stupid or what, so long to read IC? And i wasnt even doing anything wrong.

Then he walked to the front of the car, to the back and still didnt tell me what i did wrong. After all that he gave me back the license and IC and asked me to go.

Wat the hell????

sharkgila said...

haha... ya that bukit bulan implied meaning was what pissed me off.

yup. rasuah will never stop. nobody wants to pay that much. nobody wants to slow down either, especially on nice straight flat highway like the Kuantan highway.

we will still speed, we will still pay, and anak babi will stay anak babi

sharkgila said...

and now the latest is the police is attacking a girl who complained about them taking bribe. Whoa.

I bet every Malaysia has a police bribe story to tell. and they say it affect 5% of the police force only... bull