Friday, September 01, 2006

3-Week Jack

Jack gets a 3-week break from daily driving to KL hell with my 3-week work respite. I'm off to get/got married (pardon my tenses. I'm post-blogging and confusing myself).

What a hectic 3-weeks!

Week 1 - Pre-wedding mayhem
1.1 Jack makes multiple trips to LCCT (Low cost terminal. Now Everyone Can Fly!) for scattered relatives arrival.
1.2 Jack makes a cheap-booze dash to Seremban.
1.3 Jack zaps around running various wedding errands.
1.4 Jack makes very regular pilgrimage to saree-blouse man (the many trips is largely due to 1.1)
1.5 Jack ventures (once) into KL for a last-minute thing and meets THE INCIDENT.

Week 2 - Wedding & dinner & dinner
Sunday - Noon wedding at NUPW Hall in PJ
Sunday - Return home ceremonies for both houses in Subang
Monday - Off to Damai Laut Resort (Perak), one-night stay wedding gift from family friend
Tuesday - Wedding Dinner reception hosted by car-man's parents at home in Sitiawan, Perak
Wednesday - Back to Subang. Wade through wedding debris and pack for trip.
Thursday - Flight to Sandakan, Sabah.
Friday - Parents-in-law anniversary, dinner hosted by brother-in-law in Sandakan
Saturday - Wedding Dinner reception hosted by my parents at stilts-on-sea seafood restaurant in Sandakan.
Sunday - Flight home to Subang. Wade through leftover wedding debris and pack for long trip.
Monday - Drive to Kuantan (2 cars. Don't ask. I just feel I need my wheels.)

Week 3 - Rest in peace and quiet
Jack spent the final week in Kuantan. I brought Jack to Kuantan to aid in my mission to explore the town to decide if I would uproot my life (friends, job, routines, familiarity) in KL and restart here.

The decision? Still pending. I explored as much too know there's a good-enough Popular and a lot of decent Kopitiams. And that Kuantan is a very nice town. That's as far as I got, cos despite my many plans I ended up sleeping away the past weeks' fatigue instead.

I felt very depressed having to return to KL and its 3 lane roads choked with cars and noxious carbon emissions. Or maybe I'm just depressed having to return to work this Monday. Boo hoo.

No comments: