Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Jack Housed

Yesterday, good-boy Jack stayed at home while I did the rounds at the local banks nearby.

Visited four local banks banks with the same enquiries and the same results - I am currently not qualified to a housing loan (of my asking price lah) after taking into account my substantial hire-purchase loan amount. Translated: no, we cannot loan you the amount you want, based on your salary, because you are paying too much for your car loan already.

For the xxx-th time I am wondering if Jack was a good buy after all. Granted, when I got him I didn't yet plan on getting a house in the near future.

All the good-buy-or-not doubts simply vanish when I am driving Jack though. The sheer driving pleasure is worth it. I love you, Jack.

Note: This post and actions taken are inspired partly by WK. Thank you, this post is a testament that you are changing lives yourself.

9 comments:

Obsius said...

well, the way i look at it... if it's something i'm willing to take a loan on, chances are its something worth the money. I dont think most of us are in the predicament of taking a loan out of emergency need, so we do end up thinking (i hope) about our investment before committing.

Keep the love going. Jack will appreciate it :D

Anonymous said...

I guess since you have taken action you must have seen something good.. so don't give up yet..
Some ways:
Transfer the car and the loan to your parents or brothers or him..
Or simply take the loan under your parent's name.
And of course, proof of spouse income will also do it..
mesti ada jalan

sharkgila said...

hehe was trying to see if there were options for me to buy over the home on a single name; otherwise back to original plan to co-own with my father.

the rounds at the banks was good, especially with helpful loan officers kind enough to show how the loan system works and what alternative actions can be taken. saw a lot of good - things i would not have known otherwise.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sharkgila said...

sorry folks. all those deleted comments are spam adverts. Jack is now set to only receive comments from registered bloggers.

Sharma D. Pillai said...

Isk...isk...isk... kesihan.
Oh ya... better go and wash Jack. I think the dust is about 6 inches thick.
Hehehehehe... jangan marah yer adik.
Others reading this comment... PLEASE drop by my blog.
I won't say out the page but look under blogs of passion in Jack Munster and click on Fishing.