Sunday, June 04, 2006

Subang-Kuantan Dash Jack

Jack makes a spur-of-the-moment trip to Kuantan.

11.00 am - Leave Subang
Journey was pleasant, not much cars on the road. Had cousin Kesv keep me company and join me in sampling the food at Temerloh rest stop (not recommended, duh).

2.45 pm - reach Kuantan
Whee! Get to spend some time with car-man. Rindu.

6.17 pm - leave Kuantan
At car-man's insistence left before the day gets dark. He wanted me to clear the Kuantan-Karak stretch before night, at least. People say the highway got 'things', but actually is just so staright and boring that bad single-car crashes happens often. Plus a lot monkeys cross road without looking first. I saw two-and-half monkey corpse on the way back.

10.01 pm - reach Subang
Smooth journey, except for a slight (45 mins) crawl before the tunnel. On the clear streches of highway I noticed no one barely went over the 120km/h. (I didn't either, I promised I wouldn't and strained my neck keeping the speed. Try driving at a slower than normal speed - you'll feel your neck straining to get ahead. Inertia maybe.)

Anyways I was quite surprised, nice roads and no hell-speeding. Was it because the cars were mostly filled with families on holidays? Or was it just the laid-back style of driving that city people cannot understand? Or was it city people but driving slower cause it's ho-li-day? Hrm...

7.5 hours spent in the car to spend 3.5 hours with car-man.
Worth it? You bet.

No comments: