Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Guzzler Jack

Mileage : 39894 km

I've been told countless times that a Spectra is an oil-guzzler.

I never paid much attention before as .. err.. well it was not much of a concern. But now that I'm sitting bored in Jack daily as I commute to work I've been noticing things more. Like, the odometer is quite interesting to watch. And it's quite fun to reset at every full tank to see how far Petronas Primax fuel can go (okay, so I've not made this a habit before. So?)

Jack clocks in barely 380km town-driving for a ful tank of ~RM75.
Wow. Time to re-do my finances.

Further Spectra fuel consumption discussion here

9 comments:

Obsius said...

uwaa.. tinggi jugak. I get on average 470+ for the same amount, but mine is just a 1.3 engine. BUT, comparatively, mine is also pretty bad for a 1.3, haha.

Korean cars... they're all guzzlers.

SampahMan said...

I now thankfully get 515km on the same amount, 1.6 engine.

Maybe your driving habit different, got speed/brake, speed/brake?
Or maybe tayar tak cukup air?

sharkgila said...

my driving now is brake / brake / brake / brake haha. cukup angin cos that one I know is fuel saving.

Anonymous said...

Go to work by train. Its's must cheaper and faster. Ha Ha.

Cyth said...

told you so~ :P

mine Rm70 can go 450-500km depending on my foot

Obsius said...

yalor.. if foot very naughty, get only 420. Foot very obedient.. can go up to 560. *shocking*

problem is... hard to be obedient :P

sharkgila said...

cyth: yes, you're right. as always. sorry for not listening to your wise words.

Anah Shariff said...

i got a feeling that primax3 actually makes a difference.

I used to get 140-150kms for RM 50 before. Basing it on this first time that im using that fuel, im getting like 190km.

Working that out to RM 75, i'd say thats roughly 285kms. Full tank is about RM120 i think.

Perhaps i should consider getting a waja.

Cyth said...

yes yes...get a waja! Listen to the almighty Cyth... *blur* hahahaha

Does Primax3 really help? I got a few fren saying that it gives more kick and manage to go further around 20km.