Monday, February 20, 2006

Errand-Monday Jack

Monday. Jack and me do what we usually do on Mondays - run around doing errands that can only be done during certain hours because everybody works the same days and times. Lunch-time errands is out for us Cyberians (there is nothing in Cyberjaya). This Monday, among other things Jack went to check out two more halls for wedding venue.

We have a hall booked but due to certain reasons we're looking at some alternatives. Don't ask, I won't answer. So this Monday Jack went to Thean Hou Temple at Jalan Syed Putra and MPPJ's D'Klana Hall.

The D'Klana Hall was abuzz with activity when Jack and me stopped for a viewing. They were setting up the place for the upcoming MPH warehouse sale. Boxes and boxes of books sprawled acroos the hall while the staff unpacked and got them on the shelves. Eeeeeee...... It was a lot of work ignoring the excitement buzzing in my pores (ok. yes. I'll never be a poet) and actually notice the hall.

What was more disturbing than the stacks of books was the atmosphere. Pre-event setup. So much activity, staff in t-shirts running about co-ordinating. Beyond that I saw the long-hours on the feet, the tapao lunches, the actual event day of people people people. The smile smile smile for the crowd and the 'can you believe this guy' at end-day. The teardown after event, demolish and pack and post-mortem back at office. Sigh...I miss doing events.

Different combinations of eyes nose mouths, different temperaments. Beats the different snippets of code code code I'm seeing daily now. But would I trade back? Haha.. the grass is always greener on the other side.

Anyway this Monday ends. This will be our next to last errand-Monday, I'm back to full-week work next week. Well that's a trade-off, and I hope it is a good choice.

No comments: