Sunday, January 22, 2006

Obsessive Jack

Mileage: 25803 km

Jack spends the first half of Sunday at IOI Mall Puchong. He / We left soon in the afternoon, forced out by the nauseating last-week-before-CNY crowd. Gosh, people. Keep your kids (especially the ones still needing diapers) at home. I would have thought this common sense. I mean, would that baby in the pram actually be looking forward to a trip to the mall?

Shopping in any mall, must, MUST, as usual include at least an hour browing through the locale bookstore. After ages engrossed amongst the shelves of IOI Mall's newly facelifted Popular bookstore, I walked out empty-handed... amazing...

Actually what's amazing is that I'm still keeping to my 'vow' of not purchasing any new books until I've done with the previous batch I bought. I'm being lenient in applying this rule to only books bought this year on, cause I do still want to buy books (hand itchy).

Early this year I got three books from Borders Ikano in their buy-three-pay-for-two promotion. I've done Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore, am going through Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being and have Kazuo Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans to finish before I can get anymore books.

Wish me luck! In keeping my resolve to not get any new books before this batch is done. A tall order, but must.. keep.. resolve. (fingers crossed). I therefore ban Jack from any malls containing an MPH, Popular or Borders. Which is most malls, so I'll just have to keep home these holidays and work on my latest obsession.

Oh ya, in not getting any books I consoled myself by finnaly getting that needlework I've been eyeing since Uni days. It's a spectacular shades-of-brown potrait of the Hindu Lord Ganesha. This is my brand new, 180 x 220 stitch-count cross-stitch obsession. =)

No comments: