Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Resolve Jack

Jack is still off holidaying, at this moment in Taiping. Without me.

In a previous post I mentioned my resolve on curbing my book buying tendencies. Last Sunday (CNY Sunday) car-man took his sister and kids and me for a treat to Aquaria KLCC. And alas, KLCC means Kinokuniya beckoning in her sultry voice..

Aquaria KLCC was quite fun despite the crowds - do make a trip. The Living Oceans gigantic aquarium is worth a WOW. We went through it twice, it was pretty amazing. I'm not telling you more, go see for yourself.

Kinokuniya called, and unfortunately I answered. I got Khaled Hosseini's The Kita Runner and Salman Rushdie's The Moor's Last Sigh. Plus I nearly popped my eyes at the sheer variety of books on offer. Now I'm itching for another visit.

Technically, I didn't actually go back on the vow. It was, I quote, 'ban Jack from malls with MPH, Popular and Borders'. Hahaha.. I exploited the loophole in my own vow. Kinokuniya is not banned, and it wasn't Jack that took me there.

Hahaha. Or in other words I'm just no good at keeping resolves.

No comments: