Sunday, March 06, 2005

Why Spectra?

2 weeks old
Mileage : 1358 km

358 km overdue for first service. Seems like Kia cars are popular enough to warrant a 4 day advance booking to service at their authorised centres. (of course need go authorised centres. free service). Due to service on Wed, Mar 9. Would have thought Jack would cross 1500km by then, but by the look of things I think he'll probably be closer to 2000km (and extremely underperforming) by the time he gets his service.

I got another "Uh....spectra...it's so not you" comment today. Actually apart from Sunil and Kay, everybody else (which accounts to 99% of you) have gave the same comment in varying strengths. Coincidentally, the 2 guys are also the only ones (apart from close family) who knew what car I was getting before I did the buying. Would they have raised their brows and made the same comment had they discovered, like the rest, after I've done the deed and left my Baby for Jack?

Choice comments:
"Ah... why spectra?"
"Uh... you really like the car?"
"Not you"
"Why?"

Some better ones:
[my boss] "It's not... how to say... something someone living on-the-edge would drive"
hahaha. I had to laugh at that one. I didn't realize I lived on-the-edge
[on chat] "I don't believe you. Honestly, what car?"
He believed when I said Wira instead. Physically showed car to prove later.
"Why didn't you get your guy friends' opinions before buying?"
For the record, I did!!! I got advice from people I trust about car, no less.
"You know, for that price, there are lots of other models you could get"
Yes, and I obviously made a choice, didn't I?

4 comments:

Anah Shariff said...

Jack? So your car is a male as well? Haha should ask Jack to meet up with Hot Shot some day.

Ted Mahsun said...

Jack's evil. And black.

At least saying "Sharni's Spektra" has a certain ring to it.

...no wait. No, there isn't. So why did you get a Spektra again?

sharkgila said...

Hot Shot? hahaha
Jack met George already.

Cyth said...

come on girl....you could've ask what car to get. i can suggest a few.